Throughout the academic year, your RA teams will host a variety of events for residents to take part in. These events are designed with you in mind to enhance your experience in Residence. Not only do these events provide you with an opportunity to connect with members of the RA Team and your neighbors, but they can also showcase important information about the supports and services available to you at the University. Your participation is always welcome!
Here are examples of some programs that have taken place in the past:
- Welcome Week (September)
- International Carnival
- Inclusive Language Boards
- Car Wash Fundraiser
- Suicide Awareness Info Booth
- Community Outreach Holiday Activity
- Yoga and Zumba classes
- Photo Exhibition Contests
- Talent Coffeehouse
For information about programming events near you, see your RA.
At the beginning of September after everyone has moved in, the RA Team in your area plan an extensive schedule of events for new and returning residents to attend. These events take place every day throughout your first week. Welcome Week is intended to acquaint you to campus, the community you will call home, and your neighbours.
We are currently recruiting Resident Assistants (RAs) for the upcoming academic year. If you would like to learn more about becoming an RA or apply please visit Becoming a Resident Assistant.
- An initiative started by Student Learning Services (SLS), PAL Peer Mentors assist in the implementation of developing and delivering learning support programs for students. Some Peer Mentors may find themselves facilitating study groups, leading a workshop, or working on special projects for the SLS.
Learn more about the Student Learning Services.Peer Health Mentor
- This leadership opportunity is available to students who want to promote healthy living on-campus. Students who become involved with the PHM program may find themselves educating the university on topics such as mental health, nutrition and fitness, alcohol, sexual health, and much more.