Residents of Voyageur Place, College Quarter, Graduate House and McEown Park must apply through the student online sale for parking at U Lot, Aird Street, W lot, Lot 15, Q Lot and Stadium Parkade. Residents are encouraged to use their Transit UPASS or walk while living on campus.
Here are some great reasons not to drive:
1) Driving is expensive! The cost of fuel, insurance, parking, car washes and vehicle maintenance adds up! Save yourself a lot of money by using public transportation, carpooling, biking and walking!
2) Driving is stressful. You have enough to deal with right now with your studies, labs and social life. Why add traffic, road construction and other (potentially bad) drivers to the mix? Choose sanity!
3) Choose to be sustainable. How great does it feel knowing that you are contributing to the health of our environment by choosing not to drive?! Each year, a single driver can add 13,000 pounds of CO2 to our atmosphere.
4) Getting or staying fit. There are a number of reasons why walking is beneficial to your long-term health. Look good, feel good and get some activity in after those long days sitting in class!
5) You don't need to drive! There are now grocery stores close to campus that will deliver directly to your address and campus is full of convenient dining locations, stores, live student theatre, the PAC gym, sports arenas, pubs, social clubs and shops. Campus is also only a 10 minute walk to the Saskatoon downtown core and a 5 minute transit ride to 8th Street, where you can find numerous restaurants and shopping centres.
*Parking is no longer available for the 2018-2019 term, but if you'd like to be placed on a waiting list for an available parking space, please email the Office of Parking and Transportation Services at email@example.com and include your Name, NSID and Student ID Number with your request.
Applying for Parking
Residents can apply for Fall/Winter parking through the student online sale (accessed via PAWS) after May 1, 2019 and residents will be prioritized. For more information, please visit the Parking and Transportation Services website or contact their office during regular business hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday) at 306.966.4502.
If visiting Parking and Transportation Services in person, please bring your:
- Valid student card
- Method of payment (cash, Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted; no cheques)
- Your Residence ROAF payment must be made prior to picking up your Residence Parking