Residents of Voyageur Place, College Quarter, Graduate House and McEown Park must apply through the student online sale for parking at U Lot, Aird Street, W lot, Lot 15, Q Lot and Stadium Parkade. Residents are encouraged to use their Transit UPASS or walk while living on campus.
Here are some great reasons not to drive:
1) Driving is expensive! The cost of fuel, insurance, parking, car washes and vehicle maintenance adds up! Save yourself a lot of money by using public transportation, carpooling, biking and walking!
2) Driving is stressful. You have enough to deal with right now with your studies, labs and social life. Why add traffic, road construction and other (potentially bad) drivers to the mix? Choose sanity!
3) Choose to be sustainable. How great does it feel knowing that you are contributing to the health of our environment by choosing not to drive?! Each year, a single driver can add 13,000 pounds of CO2 to our atmosphere.
4) Getting or staying fit. There are a number of reasons why walking is beneficial to your long-term health. Look good, feel good and get some activity in after those long days sitting in class!
5) You don't need to drive! There are now grocery stores close to campus that will deliver directly to your address and campus is full of convenient dining locations, stores, live student theatre, the PAC gym, sports arenas, pubs, social clubs and shops. Campus is also only a 10 minute walk to the Saskatoon downtown core and a 5 minute transit ride to 8th Street, where you can find numerous restaurants and shopping centres.
Applying for Parking
Residents interested in parking for the Fall/Winter term must apply for the online sale through their PAWS channel. Parking sale details are provided below, however please visit the Parking and Transportation Services website or contact their office during regular business hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday) at 306.966.4502 for further information.
ONLINE SALE DATES:
May 1st at 8 a.m. to August 23rd at 10 a.m. Online sale applications are accepted
August 25th at 8 a.m. First chance results are made available in PAWS
August 26th at 8:30 a.m. Allocated first chance permits available for pickup
Is there an application fee?
Yes there is a $20 application fee when registering for the online parking sale and your Residence ROAF (Room Offer Acceptance Fee) must be paid in order to qualify for a parking space. Your ROAF payment deadline will be provided on your Timeslot Offer letter.
What is the cost of the permit?
- U Lot, Aird Street Lot, W Lot and E Lot permits: $524 (One time fee for parking September through to April)
- Stadium Parkade: $640 (One time fee for parking September through to April)
Are residents guaranteed a parking space?
Yes, residents are guaranteed a parking space in one of the resident parking lots, which includes lots E, W, U, Stadium Parkade and Aird Street. Parking will be assigned randomly and you will be assigned a space as close as possible to your building as space allows.
When do I need to apply for the online sale?
Applications must be submitted between May 1st (8 a.m.) and August 23rd (10 a.m.)
How do I know which parking lot I have been assigned?
First chance results will be available in PAWS August 25th, 2019 at 8 a.m.
How do I pay for my parking permit?
Permits must be picked up at Parking and Transportation Services located in the Animal Sciences Building at 72 Campus Drive beginning August 26th, 2019 at 8:30 a.m. through to September 6th, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Please be sure to bring your Student ID Card and/or have your student number available as this will be required when picking up your parking permit.
Payment methods available include MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Discover, Debit and cash.
What is 'first chance' and 'second chance' parking?
All residents will be assigned parking during the 'first chance' online parking sale. 'Second chance' refers to students who are not residents.