It is important that quiet hours are followed out of respect for your neighbours and community. Every building and hall/floor in residence has standardized quiet hours. They are as follows:
- Sunday – Thursday : begin at 10:00 pm, end at 8:00 am
- Friday – Saturday : begin at 12:00 am, end at 10:00 am
- 24 Hour Exam Quiet Hours; relaxed hours between 5:00 pm-7:00 pm*
There are study lounges located in every building. Lounges are spaces where quiet talking and working in a group is acceptable. Study lounges are spaces where residents are expected to engage in quiet, individual study. These lounges are provided for students so they have a distraction-free area to complete homework and study.
- The opportunity to connect with a faculty member outside of the classroom for consultation on a range of academic concerns
- High quality tutoring in major undergraduate subject areas (provided by graduate students)
- Access to academic events, workshops and seminars within the residence community
Please view the FIR & Tutor Newsletter for more details.
The residence community is not only in close proximity to on-campus academic supports such as Student Learning Services (SLS) but also works with them to ensure residents receive as many academic advantages as possible. Academic advisors from a variety of colleges regularly visit residence, and the SLS works with residence to provide special programming. For more information on the programs available in residence, ask your RA.