- All entrances to Residence buildings, apartments and private bedrooms are secured by locked doors requiring key access (by hard key or keycard).
- Cameras are in place at the entrances of all Residence buildings and in a variety of other areas throughout Residence.
- The University of Saskatchewan utilizes the Alertus emergency system (yellow alert boxes, mobile app, campus desktop warnings) to warn the campus community when an emergency situation requires immediate action.
- These yellow alert boxes located in various places in Residence and will emit flashing lights, loud sounds, and display instructions in case of emergency.
- Also available is the emergency Alertus app, free for download.
- More information on the emergency alert system can be found on the Protective Services website.
- RAs are on-Duty daily from 7:00 pm-7:00 am (even during the summer months). They can typically be found either in their respective RA Offices (except Assiniboine and Wollaston Halls), or completing their rounds in the community.
- An RA on-Duty can be identified as they are wearing either a green or blue vest.
- RAs are trained student-staff and are equipped with necessary skills to assist students with a variety of situations, and can seek additional assistance in emergency/urgent situations.
- The contact information, including RA on-Duty cell numbers are available on the Supports and Services page.
- Protective Services
- Protective Service Officers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week including holidays to assist with emergency/urgent situations in Residence. Students can sometimes find uniformed Peace Officers, patrolling areas of Residence along with the greater University community.
- Protective Services can be reached at 306-966-5555.
Emergency Response Plans
An Emergency Response Plan (ERP) has been developed for each of the residence buildings managed by Residence Services. Each Local ERP provides preparedness and response information on what to do in the event of potential emergencies relating to happening in that particular building. All residence staff and students are expected to become familiar with the ERP(s), which are applicable to their specific residence building. All resident students will be provided the ERP information for their building during orientation to review the evacuation routes and appropriate marshaling areas; identifying safe areas or shelters in the event of severe weather or building lockdown; and details for responding to medical emergencies.
ERPs are avaialble for each of the four residence buildings on campus. Please access the plans for each building below.